Thursday, November 10, 2011

Good Things

Intrinsic Good - There is no need for outside good or value to be given; that which is intrinsically good is simply good because of what it is.

Twenty Good Things:
1. Music
2. Prayer
3. Sunsets
4. Pets (any animals, but especially the ones that live in our homes and become our friends, siblings, confidantes, and children)
5. A deep conversation
6. A classic car
7. Movie night with close friends
8. Diamonds
9. Joy
10. Laughter
11. Hard work
12. Helping and serving others
13. Rain
14. Snow
15. A snowball fight
16. Exercise
17. The sun
18. Hope
19. Love (the kinds that God made)
20. Thanksgiving Day football game with my cousins and more pumpkin pie than we can eat...though we always try.

I am a practical person. I have always had a practical, logical, serious personality. And I can actually say "always". Wanna know why? Because when I was in Kindergarten, I complained to my mom that my friends were being immature. I was in kindergarten, and I was already taking life very seriously.

So that's my personality, you get the drift. So I find my "happy place" in a good book or a deep conversation with someone I trust. In September, when it was just starting to cool down, I would take my lawn chair and go outside. I would sit in my chair on the Mayfield quad and just enjoy nature while I read a book for class, or texted a friend. I even took my computer out there and made an outline for one of my classes. If a friend walked by, they would sit with me or stand and talk for a little while. I remember those days, though they were few, and they were just good days filled with good hours spent in good ways. Another good day was Halloween, and I walked down to Broadway with a friend. We saw the kids in their costumes, and their parents. We laughed about some of the costumes and said that the babies dressed like little bears were so cute. We walked back slowly, taking the path that goes by the stream that goes through downtown Siloam. It was a good conversation. I can't even recall most of what we talked about...but I am glad for the memory. It is good just because it happened, because we were together, being happy together. And I believe that's a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment